220.127.116.11 Development of fundamental knowledge
a) Interfacial friction and adhesion phenomena
b) Wear of multifunctional materials
Proposed project title: Tribological properties of Multifunctional Materials
- Organisation name: “Politehnica” University of Bucharest
- Contact person, scientific title: Andrei TUDOR, prof. Ph.D
- Department: Machine Elements and Tribology
- Organisation’s address: Spl. Independentei 313, s.6
- Post code: 060042
- City: Bucharest
- Country: Romania
- Organisation type: university
- Organisation size: large
- Web site: www.omtr.pub.ro
- E-mail address: [email protected]
- Telephone: 040 021 402 9581
- Fax: 040 021 402 9581
- Brief description of the organization: “Politehnica” University of Bucharest
The university has 12 engineering faculties and 50 research centers.
The research activities were development by some laboratories: magnetic materials, electrical devices, energy conversion, numerical methods, computer hard, robotics, information technology, optoelectronics, thermal engines, machine elements, tribology, mechatronics, rheology, advancee technology etc.
- Brief description of involved Department
The Name of the Laboratory: Tribology
a). State of the Art Equipments and Laboratory Installations *:
- Machine for stick-slip phenomenon.
- Machine for define “tribological passport” of materials.
- Point and liniar contact devises for studies mechanical properties of lubricants and hard and soft coatings.
- Machine for tribological studies of biomaterials.
- Optical equipment for analise and stokage wear failure surfaces
- P.C. computers for acquisition, stokage and statistical experimental results.
b). Services Offered (measurements, analysis, expert examinations, studies):
- Measurements regarding friction coefficient, and some wear parameters for materials and coatings.
- Analysis and expert examinations regarding the wear failures of machine elements and mechanical equipments.
- Studies and tribological solutions for increasie of durability and realibity for mechanical equipment.
- Standard analyses for mechanical properties of lubricants and biodegradable liquides.
- Studies and software regarding sliding bearing and mechanical seals.
c). Scientific Results
A. Significant contracts and scientifical works realized in the last period:
- Tribological properties of metalo-ceramics composite.
- New methods (nuclear by RBS) for researche tribological properties of biomaterials RBS.
- Diveces for decrease wear and increase adherence of rail sistemes
- Standard tribological test of lubricants and biodegradable liquids
- Experimental researches concerning the load capacity of grease lubricated machine elements
- New concepts and experimental methods for grease life-time testing
- Theoretical and experimental studies concerning the grease flow through circular pipes
- Design of experimental models for viscosity pumps
- New constructive solutions for integrated viscosity pumps
- Lubrication with contaminated fluids.
B . Books and scientific articles published
C. Registered Patents or Proposed for Registration: 4
D. Technollogies or achievements that can become the object of a technology transfer: 2