The purpose of combined event EXCELNANO is to highlight the contribution of Romanian researchers to the field of nanoscience and nanotechnologies (with a special emphasis on nanoelectronics). This contribution will be displayed by organizations from Romania and Republic of Moldavia, as well as by outstanding Romanian researchers active in first-class European universities, research units or companies. These Romanian-speaking specialists will also debate the opportunities to consolidate the domain in this country, starting with participation to Horizon Europe (2021-2027) and continuing with a long-term strategy. The moment chosen for this event is at the end of the Centenary Year (with the Romanian Academy promoting Romanian Civilization, including history of science and technology) and at the start of the Romanian Presidency of the EU Council. A good moment to think about the future.
European Excellence in Nanotechnology (EXCELNANO), Romanian Academy, Bucharest, 6-7 November 2018 is a combined event organized by the Romanian Academy, Commission for Science and Technology of Microsystems, www.link2nano.ro/acad/STMS, in partnership with the National Research and Development Institute for Microtechnologies (IMT Bucharest), Ministry for Research and Innovation, www.imt.ro.
New! Full program of the Nanoelectronics FORUM (6-7 November 2018) is available here.
New! Abstracts of the papers, as well as well as short biographical notes of the authors have been added to the lists, see Forum I and Forum II, below.
- 6th of November 2018 (8.45 a.m. – 1 p.m.), Aula Magna of the Romanian Academy. First part of the Forum Romanians in Micro- and Nanoelectronics (Forum I). This event was initiated and organised by Acad. Dan Dascălu, Prof. Sorin Cristoloveanu (Grenoble) and Dr. Andreas Wild (Munchen). The Forum contains scientific sessions with invited papers by Romanian specialists working inside and outside the country. See here the list of papers.
- 6th of November, 2018 (2 p.m.), Aula Magna. Official opening of the event with welcome addresses. Academician Ioan Dumitrache, Secretary General, on behalf of the Presidium of the Romanian Academy and Academician Nicolae Zamfir, President of the Section of Physics of the Romanian Academy, on behalf of ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure), Măgurele, Romania.
- 6th of November, 2018 (2.20 p.m. – 4 p.m.). Aula Magna. Round table on Strategic perspectives on Romanian micro-/nanoelectronics as Romania chairs the Council of the EU attended by high-level representatives of companies active in Romania and other representative organisations. The debate will be moderated by Dr. Andreas Wild (former Executive Director of ENIAC/ECSEL, the European public-private partnership in nanoelectronics).
- 7th of November 2018 (8.30 am – 11 a.m.), Aula of the Library of the Romanian Academy. Second part of the Forum Romanians in Micro- and Nanoelectronics (Forum II). See here the list of papers.
On-line Registration to the Forum (free of charge) is available here.
SNN 2018 (National Nanotechnology Seminar)
New! Abstracts of the presentations have been added on the program of the Seminar
- 7th of November 2018 (11.30 a.m.- 2.30 p.m.), Aula of the Library of the Romanian Academy (opening by Academician Bogdan C. Simionescu, Vice-President of the Romanian Academy). The 17th Edition of the National Seminar on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (SNN 2018), will be focussed on European cooperation in Nanotechnology. It will be started by the presentation An European approach to Industrial Research Infrastructures: facilitating the cooperation between research and industry by Ana-Maria Grigore, European Commission. Presentation of the output of Horizon 2020 projects gained by research institutes and universities from Romania and Republic of Moldova (special guest). See here the list of papers.
On-line Registration to the Seminar (free of charge) is available here.
- 6th of November, 2018 (1.30 p.m. – 2 p.m.), Presidium Hall, Press conference chaired by Academician Ioan Dumitrache, Secretary General of the Romanian Academy and Launching of the book Advances in micro- and nanoelectronics (Sorin Cristoloveanu, Andreas Wild, Dan Dascălu, editors) containing recent R&D results of Romanian researchers both living in the country and from diaspora.
New! Press release (in Romanian)
Access by invitation, only.
- Coffee and Buffet Lunch for registered participants (6th and 7th of November)
- The possibility to display posters (organizers notified in advance, 7th of November only)
- Volumes 26 and 27 from the Micro- and Nanoengineering series (Publishing House of the Romanian Academy) freely available to registered participants.
MEDIA: Market Watch and Romanian Radio (Cultural branch)